Book an Appointment
Pacific Implant Group5
Highly recommend A-Dental Center. They made me an appointment for next day. When I arrived, they checked me in promptly. All the staff were warm and friendly. The dentist was very attentive and made sure I was okay as they proceeded to pull 4 teeth, give me a root canal and apply a crown. Facilities were very clean and an organized. Very impressed overall.
|Monday||8:00 AM to 5:00 PM|
|Tuesday||8:00 AM to 5:00 PM|
|Wednesday||8:00 AM to 5:00 PM|
|Thursday||9:00 AM to 6:00 PM|
|Fridays||8:00 AM to 4:30 PM|
|Saturday||8:00 AM - 2:00 PM|
|(Open only on last Saturday of the month)|
Wisdom Teeth Removal North Hollywood
One of the most common types of extraction is wisdom teeth. Pacific Implant Group in North Hollywood uses the latest technology, coupled with gentle precision techniques, for a comfortable treatment and fast recovery.
What are wisdom teethBy the time a child reaches the teenage years, he or she has a nearly full set of adult teeth and the jaw is mostly developed. However, the final set of molars does not erupt until much later, if at all. The third molars are commonly called wisdom teeth because they appear in a person’s late teens or early twenties. Unfortunately, there isn’t always room for them.
The problem with wisdom teethWhat happens when the space in a person’s mouth is taken up by developed teeth, and another one tries to push its way through the gums? Depending on the degree of crowding, the wisdom tooth may partially emerge or it may develop completely beneath the gum line. This condition is known as impaction, and it can cause a variety of problems, including:
- Fractures or breakage of adjacent teeth, which may occur above or below the gum line
- Difficult oral hygiene due to crowding of teeth increasing the risk of tooth decay or gum disease
- A partially erupted tooth creates an opening where bacteria can enter, often leading to infection
- Nerve or bone damage caused by crowding of structures below the gum line
- Toothaches as well as pain, stiffness, or swelling of the jaw